Friday, April 16, 2021

Looking back 04-16-21

Every now and then I try to think of a way to sort through my thousands of pictures.  As you have read here previously when Picasa sold out to Google all my titles and captions were erased.  I have never been able to get things sorted out.  I need a computer picture guru to hold my hand.  Know anyone like that?  I added Photoshop Elements, but haven't spent the time to figure it all out.  I think I am just getting too old and my brain is not as flexible as it once was.  Anyway, I came across a picture of this piece I did in 2018, but I hardly remember it. And I don't know who owns it now.  


"Camellias"  Del Thomas  2018   Maybe 36" square.
This was a contribution to the Surfside Quilters Guild Monthly Mini where items are donated and tickets sold at the meeting for a drawing at the end of the meeting. I rather liked this one, but it didn't draw as many buyers as I expected.  The background is pieced and the flowers raw edge machine applique.  Machine quilted. 

 
What do you do when at the very last minute you realize you have messed up the label?  Just grin and make a correction!  No time to rip it off and make a new label.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Just doctor it up with a couple of extra lines! ;-)

This is a lovely piece...the fabric you chose for the background and borders and your arrangement of same is wonderful....and a very nice fussy cutting job of the flowers. I also note the white or is it light colored thread used just right to connect that darker corner to the bottom left flower and its background. If is so nice to see a well planned and executed design. Thanks so much for sharing an oldy but goodie!

My thought....I would worry about learning photoshop....I have had it for a very long time and use it mostly now as a library, but the indexing I have found is cumbersome and not necessarily easy to find when looking for a photo! Yes, you can play with the photo to change it or correct its flaws, but indexing is not its forte! However, you can lump various photos into a particular category, but I find it hard to decide which category does this go in or perhaps that one!

Take care...the weather here is lovely. A bit cool great to work in the garden. Stay well.