Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Discovered Kindle 05-06-21

Well, I've known about Kindle for years and have contemplated using it.  But I do like the feel of REAL books and don't have trouble reading them.  My hands do sometimes ache and cramp up from holding hardbacks, but generally I prefer reading paper books - hard or soft!  But recently Kindle had a "deal" online so I signed up.  And I have read five Kindle books!  I think I have all the ins and outs figured out, but sometimes I put my finger in the wrong place and have to go back to "GO".  However, they make it very easy to find my place.  I don't have a tablet so just read on my cell phone.   Not something I want to do exclusively, but maybe when traveling (which I hope to do soon) it will be handy to have the current book at my finger tips.  One funny tale on myself...   When I go to stop reading and put the phone down I keep feeling around on the table for my book mark!!  A habit of at least 70 years is hard to break.  And I do have a huge drawer of bookmarks exchanged with the Book Group for about forty years.  

One of the first books I read was Nomadland by Jessica Bruger and I enjoyed it very much.  So many of the locations are familiar from travels over the years.  I have seen many of those people who live rough on the road, but don't think it is anything I could ever do.  I tend to be a "nester" and like having my space and my collections, even if I don't maintain it as I should.   I love being on the road, but just so long and I am ready to return to my "nest".  I suppose I may watch the movie at some time, but from what I have read it is very different from the book.  


#   #   #



No comments: