Monday, July 5, 2021

Food 07-05-21

As I have mentioned before I seem to have lost any ability I used to have as a cook.  And Covid has not helped any.  I can't think of anything interesting to prepare, so I keep eating the same things.  A few weeks ago I was shopping at Ralph's grocery and noticed these potato dishes in the produce department.  Not refrigerated, but with an expiration date.  I don't eat a lot of potatoes, just a baked one every few months, so I thought I would try these.  


They cook in the plastic container without breaking the plastic seal, don't know how healthy that is, I don't usually use plastic in the microwave.  Take off the cardboard sleeve, remove the seasoning packet, and zap for 5-1/2 minutes. 



I cut most of them in half after they were cooked, buttered, and seasoned.  They were very tasty and gave me three servings. 

So, I thought I would try a different flavor.  These are brown skinned instead of red and they are smaller and more the same size - one bite.  



Same cooking instructions. 


There is some water from the cooking, but I added a couple TBLS more, along with the butter and the seasoning packet.  They were very tasty, but I like the gouda, onion, thyme flavor better.  Again about three portions for me.  

At least half of the people in the market were not wearing masks, but I still feel I need to wear one when I am inside and among so many people.  

#   #   #
 



 

2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Those look good. like to get ideas from prepared food like this, and then make my own. Buy some small red potatoes and put similar spices and you have your own without the preservatives.

abelian said...

I don’t have a Ralphs here, but do have Harris Teeter, which is also Kroger. I’ll need to look for them there. My daughter gave me a small air fryer a while back, and I like it. I use it to “bake” a small potato: 40 minutes at 400 degrees. It’s much faster than the oven, which takes forever to preheat, and an hour to bake. I also use the air fryer for turkey burgers and chicken tenders. The whole basket goes in the dishwasher, so cleanup is easy. Dottie