Monday, October 4, 2021

Halloween - again. 10-04-21

Halloween hasn't meant anything much to me since I was about 10, or maybe 14.  I don't understand the attraction so many seem to have with the "holiday".  Even before the 1st of the month the decorations were going up.  Some houses in my neighborhood will be heavily decorated by the time Halloween finally occurs the end of the month.  Odd. 

This fellow is very tall and I left the car in the image to show that he is actually taller than the palm trees.  Probably about 12 -14 feet!  He appeared about the 27th of September.  But I may not have seen him right away because he does blend in with the trees. 

Here is another giant, again 12 feet or more.  The wind rustles her/his robes which makes for special fright. 

This house is in the cul de sac across the street from us.  

Look  closely around the base of the tree to see silvery skulls and spikes, like cemetery gates, I guess.  

Tonight we had lightning and thunder and RAIN!  Not much, probably not enough to measure, but still refreshing.  Temp is supposed to drop from 90s to 70s for this week.  Feeling a little like autumn.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Those decorations are great. They help to mark time. My neighbors don't do much for Halloween, but we do have a few houses that have decorated.