Saturday, October 9, 2021

Still Improving! 10-09-21

It was a busy day and I hardly needed my cane!  Seems like the injection is working - hope it will last for months and months.  My leg/hip/spine still hurt, but not as bad and I can step up on a curb without that stabbing pain.  

We both had our hair cut, the car washed, money from bank, See's for gifts, and, of course, our two walks.  I finished the sleeve on the "Welcome Home" quilt that is going to PIQF, but still have the label to sew on.  Stupid arthritis in my hands keeps me from hand stitching for more than about half an hour, so things go slowly.  

I am struggling with remembering what to take when I travel!  The pandemic seems to have erased my mind in places.  I know I have a list in my laptop somewhere, but wonder if it would still apply since I made it at least a decade ago.  I did get out the daily pill bottles I fill when I travel and have them set out to fill tomorrow.  Since the TIA I now take so many pills that I need an AM and a PM bottle for every day.  How did this happen to me?  I also need to take sewing to do during the days I am up in the Santa Clara area.  And my friend Liz reminded me today that I need warmer clothing for that area since a storm is coming that will close the passes over the Sierra due to snow!  I am not going over, but there may be cold rain from the coast to the mountains.    I do have KoKo's things organized.  I can't imagine what it would be like to pack for a family!  Just for KoKo there is food, treats, bed, Froggy, quilt, poop bags, carrier, paperwork, brush/comb, and...  I hope that is everything. 

I tried again to capture that "parchment curl of California gold...." and Venus, but even bracing the camera against a tree couldn't prevent the camera jiggle.  


#   #   #

3 comments:

Loretta said...

See, I knew you were readying to move out to exciting events! You have so very many things to do in your life, you may never stop driving, packing, sewing, visiting and spending time at Asilomar! Or, even going out to lunch and dinner with friends! Bravo! Re: the photo of the moon -- in addition to your holding of the camera as still as you can, between you and the moon is atmosphere, and it interrupts the perfect photo! If you want perfection, I think you'll need a filter for the lens! I think your photo is splendid! Thank you.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Don't forget the leash! I am so glad you are feeling better. The moon is gorgeous!

Mary Ann said...

Glad the shot is working. I figured out to put fusible on the back of my label before I print it out then I just iron it on the back of the quilt! Simple. Next I need to figure out an easy way to do rod pockets or the velcro for hanging. I like hand sewing but my current piece is going to need many rod pockets!