Friday, December 10, 2021

Friday Food 12-10-21

Marbles for dinner?   Well, round things, anyway.  I hadn't thought of shapes when I prepared this dinner the other night.  I had fresh Brussel sprouts and a bag of fresh tiny potatoes.  Dipped into a bag of Trader Joe's cocktail meatballs (always a handy protein in the freezer)  and I ended up with a pie plate of "marbles".  I added a scoop of sour cream and a sprinkle of dried chives.  It was all delicious.  As the years roll by I find I eat simple meals and don't do much menu planning.  I buy veggies that look fresh and good at the market, sometimes eating just one thing for a meal.  Just broccoli or just green beans or rice with braised celery.  I have been eating more fruit lately, I suppose because fuyus are in season and there are still good pears to be found.  But my sweet tooth demands something sweet after a meal. Cookies are usually my favorite.  But that carrot cake from Katella Deli was fantastic.  Only a couple times a year though, it is very rich, rather expensive, and requires a 30 mile drive to Los Alamitos.  




#   #   #

1 comment:

abelian said...

That looks like a fun dinner! I, too, have simple dinners for one, unless my daughter gives me leftovers. She thinks I could go get takeout, but I don’t want to bother going out. I’ve tried various brands of frozen meatballs, but didn’t like them much. Will need to see about Trader Joe’s. Hope your hip is doing OK, and the shot is lasting. Dottie