Saturday, December 11, 2021

Quilt in progress 12-11-21

I am still TRYING to create something, but it goes sooo slowly.  Lack of concentration, ennui, needing a nap almost every day.  I don't know what is the cause - pandemic syndrome?  old age?  need more vitamins?   Whatever.  I know it would help if I did exercises every single day and maybe even twice a day!  But I don't seem to be able to force myself to do that.  Self control is not one of my strong points!  However, I have been working on several projects, switching off when I can't continue on one.  This is a small (18"W X 40"L) wall quilt composed of 1-1/2" squares that I have cut over the last 40 years or so.  I have a box of light and a box of dark that I paw through when needed.  I posted about this piece on 11-16-21 when I was still selecting squares.  Now I am machine quilting it and wish I had been more precise about lining up the little squares.  Oh, well - it isn't going to be a masterpiece!  


I have quilted vertically about 1/8th inch from the edges of the squares and will also do the horizontal.   I couldn't find a thread I thought would look good with all the different fabrics, so I am using mono-filament as the top thread and a lime green cotton on the back.  So far it is looking okay. 

I belong to Canyon Quilters in San Diego, but find it hard to do the two hour drive home after the meetings end around 9pm.  ZOOM has been a big help and I do attend most meetings that way.  They also have a "Sit and Sew" twice a month and I have enjoyed that.  There are usually fewer than 20 members attending, and once there were only four of us!  But it is a chance to become acquainted with some of the members.  There is not a lot of visiting going on, most are intent on their own work, but someone will bring uo a subject and we can all chime in or just listen.  I enjoy it and today finished up the vertical quilting lines on this little quilt. 

#   #   #




No comments: