Friday, December 24, 2021

Last roses 12-24-21

Late in the afternoon on Wednesday I read the weather prediction which said RAIN, and heavy rain at that.  So, I cut the last almost full blown Brandy roses and brought them in to enjoy.  In a couple weeks it will be time to prune the roses for the year and no new flowers for at least a month.


Such a soft and lovely color with just a slight spicy scent.  In the background is a new quilt I bought at the November Surfside Quilters Guild auction, made by Sue Butsko and quilted by Cahtie Opila.  It is 42"W X 48"L.





      #   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Good Morning Del and a Merry Christmas to you.

Love your roses...so beautiful in color and also fragrance (which I am unable to appreciate from this distance!)

Your new quilt is beautiful...another fine purchase...

Have yourself a lovely day and coming year!

Fondly,
Loretta

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful roses! We have rain here also but Bob and I got a walk in. You know I know Calvin and Hobbes Bill Watterson's wife, They live in Cleveland, he is very reclusive, She's a quilter! Fascinatingly small world.