Friday, January 7, 2022

Friday Food 01-07-22

It was a little foggy and about 45F when we went out for our walk this morning, It was not a promising day.  Last evening my laptop couldn't do a wi-fi connection so I missed my Thursday ZOOM meeting with my art quilt group and I was not able to blog.  Some how I just couldn't face it this morning.  Instead I picked up my friend Carol and we went out to lunch at one of our favorite places, Fitness Grill in Yorba Linda.  We sat on the patio with the overhead heater on and there was only one other table occupied.  We do hope the place can stay open with the Covid lurking again.  I guess both Carol and I needed this outing because I think we both felt better when we got home.  

We both ordered the same thing - salmon tacos and lobster bisque.  Both were delicious.  We opted for the tortillas instead of the lettuce wrap.  Somehow it isn't a taco without a tortilla. 

Nice grilled salmon with a green sauce that wasn't too spicy.  It was a big lunch so no dinner required this evening. 

I had an announcement from Back Porch Fabrics in Pacific Grove that they are now open in their new location, which is about a block and a half from the old site - on the west side of Lighthouse St.  Wish I could pop in, but Covid keeps me from traveling. 

Back Porch Fabrics   218 Grand Ave   Pacific Grove, CA  93950

#   #   #

2 comments:

abelian said...

Boy, does that lunch look good! It would cheer me up, too! I’m glad to hear that Back Porch is getting along OK, and is still open. Dottie

Loretta said...

Your lunch looks divine! Covid is beginning to get in the way of a simple life! Perhaps when Spring arrived, it will go away! My fingers are crossed!
Take care and stay well.