Monday, January 3, 2022

Raindrops and Red & White Quilt 01-04-22

Our first rain storms have moved on after giving us about 6", but more than that in snow on our local San Gabriel/San Bernardino Mountains.   The average rain fall in Orange County over the last 100+ years is about 14".  So, we continue to do our rain dances and conserve what water we can.  

Succulents grow well with little water, but they seem to really perk up in a good rain. 

Raindrops on grey/green.


This is a full image of the red/white quilt I purchased at the Surfside Quilt Guild live auction in November.  I just showed a corner here the other day.  It was pieced by Sue Butsko and quilted by Cathie Opila and is 42"W X 48"L.  I have it hanging in the family room as my sole Christmas decoration.  Except for the wreath on the door that I think I put up just for the mail guy.   I know that Sue went into her fabric library to find all the red/white fabrics and I recognize most of them from what is in my own fabric library, some from several decades ago.  

#   #   #

1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a pretty red and white quilt. I like the term "fabric library".