Sunday, January 16, 2022

Ruth McDowell quilt from TCQC 01-16-22

Two years ago when Covid appeared an exhibit of Ruth B. McDowell's quilts that are in the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection had recently opened.  Soon all museums were shut down and few visitors to Visions Art Museum were able to see these great original works.  Today Facebook ran a "Looking back" ;piece that first posted in 2020 announcing the exhibit.  I have hung "Amaryllis" in my family room as a reminder of that aborted exhibit.  It is actually more colorful than this image, but it is the best I can find in my picture files.  I enjoy all of Ruth's quilts, but this one in particular gives me joy. 


 "Amaryllis" Ruth B. McDowell (2014)   43"W x 39.5"L
Cotton Fabrics, batting, thread.  Machine pieced and quilted. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wonderful.