Friday, February 25, 2022

Friday Food 02-25-22

A very special brunch on Thursday.  Carol and I went to Toast in Brea, CA.  We have been reading about it for quite a long time, but we always have new places we want to try for lunch and brunch in not on our usual list.  We still went at 11:30am, so was it lunch or brunch?  At any rate it was WONDERFUL.  Rather expensive - two Bacon Avocado Benedicts and two lattes came to $62 with tip.   But we will go again some day.  It was just about the best breakfast I have ever eaten and i think Carol feels the same.  

The English muffin was toasted just right and the eggs were perfectly poached.  I'd like to know what kind of bacon they use as it was soooo tasty and crispy.   The Benedict orders include a "side" and after checking that they prepare their own potatoes so there are no sulfites, I ordered the fries.  Crispy, salty, hot!  They are cut rather small so I had to ask for a spoon as I couldn't spear them with a fork and didn't want greasy hands.  

Carol's "side" was the Arugula Salad with Meyer lemon vinaigrette and freshly grated parmesan.  It was a huge plateful and we shared tastes.  Crisp and just the right amount of acid and oil.  I will be hard pressed to choose a "side" when we go back.  It is a lot of food for either of us, but Benedicts are not something to take home in a doggy box.  I didn't need any dinner that night. 

There are other Toast places around, but I don't know if it is a franchise or a chain.  Whatever, they certainly have a unique menu and looking at other tables I think the quality of whatever you eat is very hight.  What looked like Frence toast served at a nearby table was huge and looked delicious.  They took their leftovers home in a box.   So, save your change and find a Toast near you, I think you will enjoy it. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Carol said...

Incredibly delicious!