Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day 02-14-22

At various times in my life friends have decided I needed to collect something.  The idea being that they would then have a theme when they wanted to give me a gift.  This was, of course, years before I started collecting expensive art quilts.  At one time everyone was giving me pigs, I had no idea why, and now I have only one remaining, a lovely Beleek pig that always makes me think of Winston Churchill.  But after the pigs someone decided that hearts would be a good collection.

Now I only have a few in a glass box on an end table.  The large on in the lower right is a leather paperweight, in lower left is a compact with a mirror inside, the beige one on the top row is a sea washed rock from a beach in South Carolina.  Several stone hearts are carved and polished (cold, cold heart?) and there is one tiny metal one at top right.  I don't know why I keep them, they really don't have a sentimental value.  Someday I will find someone who enthusiastically collects hearts and they will find a new home.  

This is a scary heart!   After Valentine's Day one year I was visiting friends and went out to their garage to put something in the trash.  When I lifted the lid out popped this discarded balloon, almost causing my heart to stop.  I don't know what I thought it was, but I didn't expect something "living" to come out of the can.  I punctured it so it could never fly again.   But this picture always makes me laugh a little.   

Hope  you had a special day.  
#   #   #

No comments: