Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Bindings 02-08-22

I have been doing some bindings on small quilts I made years ago.  These two are only 5-1/2" X9" and originated in a Sue Benner class.    They could be "mug rugs", but everey edge of the fused applique is not stitched, so I don't think they would last long.  They are all cotton fabrics and threads with cotton batting.  

"Lummi Island, WA" 
Not happy about the threatening thunder cloud - it looks a bit like a submarine!  However, I was working with the fabric I had with me and this was the best of it.  

The binding is blended overcast, so the thread used for the overcasting is the same as the fabric - or as close as I could find in my thread library.  


"Autumn Leaves"
For this one I used a supposedly random hand-dyed thread, which wasn't very random, on the darkest part and blended on the other sides.  Each leaf is stitched through the center, orange thread on green and green thread on orange.  I'm not seeing the acid green leaves - they look more gold in this picture. 

 I'll keep working on bindings.  Someday maybe I will have every finished quilt bound - no matter what the size! 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

A goal! Autumn Leaves is a sweet little quilt...sorry you were disappointed with the thread, however, keep up the binding project....Take care and stay well.