Thursday, June 2, 2022

Peonies 06-02-22

It is peony time at Trader Joe's.  They come six tight buds to a bundle and are $9.99 a bundle. .  But a couple days in a vase on my counter they are fully open and so gorgeous.  This bundle appeared to be all pink, but turned out to be mixed pink/apricot/yellow/and almost white.   I don't indulge in fresh flowers as much as I once did and perhaps I enjoy them more now because they are so rare.  



This pale pink is the largest flower.
 
You can see how large the open blossom is with my open hand over it. 

Just so lovely.   But not long lasting.  They do not grow well here in SCalifornia, I imagine these are from Washington State. 

#   #   #














3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I have 3 big bushes, I have to tie them up they are so heavy. They are gorgeous but they don't last long and they really attract the ants. Their sap is sweet!

Sherrie Spangler said...

Thanks for the note that Trader Joe's is carrying the peonies, which I love. I'll have to get down there today and pick up some.

Carol said...

Mine are so beautiful, but have started to drop petals. Alas, beauty doesn’t last