Monday, July 18, 2022

A grumble about cars! 07-18-22

Thirty plus years ago when we moved into this house one of the things that made it attractive was how clean the neighborhood was and how few cars were parked on the street.   It seemed so tidy and "upscale".   Now new neighbors move in with complete wall to wall garage shelving or just piles of stuff in the garage and few park their cars in their garage.  Instead they park on the driveways and along the curbs.  Every other Monday the street sweeper comes by and tickets are given to any car parked in the street.  Don't know where the vehicles are parked on those days, but they all quickly returned.   I feel sometimes I am living in a parking lot.  Our house faces into a cul de sac with six houses.  They have a total of seventeen cars and two motor homes!  Admittedly there are twenty people living there, but almost half are under driving age.   Of course, in thirty years most of the original owners have retired, moved, or died, so the new people who move in are younger and have children.  (Oddly there are about eleven widows in the tract now.)

We are going on our morning walk when some neighbors have gone to work.

But the motor homes/campers are there ALL of the time and have been for decades.  There is a law in Placentia that one cannot park these vehicles in this manner.  But I suppose that if nobody complains there is no reason to obey the law.  


In mid June the two families went traveling and on a Sunday afternoon our view was this.  Lovely, huh?   There is a Facebook group "View from my window" with pictures people all over the world post pictures from their window, door, porch, patio, wherever.  I enjoy looking at what is posted and am tempted to post a picture, but in truth I would have to post what I see most of the year and I doubt that anyone would enjoy that.  

Thank you for reading this "rant".  I just needed to get it off my chest.  

#   #   # 

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

My neighbors homeless sister was constantly parked in front of my house but they moved so now I have a view without a car. I read something that if you gave an electric car you should not park it in the garage as they can burst into fire! We don't have motorhomes in my neighbor hood. And my horse trailer got sold 15 years ago. Though if I had one my horse would probably get in for a ride!