Sunday, July 17, 2022

Quilt from TCQC Sally Sellers 07-17-22

 I posted this first in 2010, so this is a copy of that original post.  

" House"  Sally Sellers - Vancouver, Washington   2007  12" X 12"

Tiny blue beads form the moon and faceted blue beads sprinkle the roof. The bugle beads lined up on the roof top make me think of neon lights - don't know why. She has filled the shockingly pink night sky in the background with French knots and created a lawn in straight stitch with many color threads.

The back is made from a Sherrill Kahn print that I also had on my shelf and had a lot of fun with. You'll note that there is no label, instead Sally has signed the front of the quilt on the binding in the lower right corner. Note also that for the binding across the bottom she has used some of the backing fabric. It seems to extend the lawn into the binding.

http://sallysellers.com/sellersAbout.swf

06-24-10 Sally responded to my e-mail telling her I had posted her quilt: "This house was totally for fun, fun, fun. No agonizing over details, no angst about design, just grab some color and make it happen. I hadn't seen it since I sent it in to the auction, so am delighted to see it again now. I was doing all the things I love to do: stitch with embroider floss, add beads, use color. I continue to do that with larger projects. I have a zillion beads now but know nothing about jewelry -- I use them all on fabric. Thanks so much for purchasing it.

#   #   #


2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I met Sally at QSDS on the bus trip to Quilt National. A lovely person to spend a few hours with. Hope all is well with you. We finally got an all day, all night gentle rain. My plants are jumping with joy. And so are the weeds!

Sherrie Spangler said...

This is definitely a fun quilt! I love it!!!