Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Out in the World - Part 2 07-27-22

 I have never been much of a shopper, usually just find what I am looking for, buy it, and leave.  Even before the pandemic a trip to the mall was rare.  Of course, in my much younger days I shopped with the best of them, haunting South Coast Plaza whenever I could.  Anyway, my exposure to current retail trends is almost not existent.  Groceries, pharmacy, See's, and the Farmer's Market are about it for me.  So, going with Carol to the Brea Mall was an EXPERIENCE.  She went on to the shop she needed, leaving me in front of See's (not the one I usually visit).  When I was done there I walked along and two doors down was a shop that sells socks - ONLY socks.  I remember decades ago when I discovered shops that sold only sunglasses and I was amazed then.  But SOCKS?  Quite a small space, but they must have thousands of socks, but no plain ones. 

Pick a subject, they have a sock for it.  

Some are pretty sassy.


But I suppose children these days are exposed to just everything.  In my sheltered old age I think sass has gotten completely out of hand. 

What, I wondered, are shoe charms?  There were several tables covered with plastic bins full of little cartoon characters and different motifs.  They fit in the holes of Crocs shoes,

On the back of each charm is a raised black button to fit the holes. 

Here is a shoe showing how to use the charms.  
I suppose I may be the last person in the world to know this, but I find it fascinating to discover such a finely tuned shop selling one product. 

They do actually sell something else - strange puffy slippers that look like athletic shoes. 

And notice the display cubes made of interlocking floor tiles.  Interesting adaptation. 

#   #   #



1 comment:

Loretta said...

And, some many are worrying about inflation!!!