Friday, March 10, 2023

Friday Food

Bakeries are some of my most favorite places.  However, I do try to avoid them because I cannot resist the desire to try everything they offer.  I cannot chose because I like almost everything!   I have been avoiding the Paris Bagette Boulangerie on Imperial Hwy in Brea, CA for a long time, but finally succumbed.   It has an Asian connection and sells various buns with red bean fillings - which are delicious.  But a least half of the offerings are cakes   - elaborate cakes - in slices or whole cakes  ($40.00 +++).

These are triangular slices of cakes - perfectly aligned. 

These are huge berry tarts.  $7.50/each

A vast array of buns, rolls, croissants, donuts, etc., both sweet and savory.

The back of these cases is the outside windows.

Something for everyone's taste. 

Including a large choice  of  French macaroons 

I bought an almond croissant, a ham and cheese croissant, a brownie (sold in a cellophane bag and the best one I have ever eaten), a bun with red bean paste, and a raspberry mochi wreath (below).  The latter was the only disappointment as it is not really mochi, but more of a bunch of little donut balls coated with the raspberry jelly.  blah.

Raspberry  mochi wreath. 

They do serve coffee and there is a sort of counter with a few stools along with some high tables/chairs outside.  There is a sign saying customers can carry their food next door to the Yogurtland and eat at the inside tables.  Not a great way to dine, but I took my choices home and enjoyed them in comfort. 

#   #   # 

 

1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Oh my, I share your weakness for bakeries. My problem is that I have no willpower, and once I get a few selections home I eat them all in one day. I think almond croissants are my favorite.