Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Got a cough! 06-27-23

 

Had to have a picture and this is one of my favorites from Facebook.  I think I will have a mat like this on the INSIDE of my door.   I'll add "Check that the outside doors are locked."

My news is that I have a terrible cough.  This is the first illness I have  had since the lockdown and mask wearing when  Covid struck in 2020.  Really amazing since I usually have bronchitis every winter.  I went out to dinner with neighbors on Friday evening and one of the guys had a cough.  If I had know of that before I got in his car I would have stayed home.  But at the restaurant he kept coughing and I was stuck.  He claims that he just has allergies, but I recognize a bad cough that is not an allergy to anything.  Anyway, I treated myself when I got home, but by Sunday night I had a scratchy throat and knew I had contracted his cough infection.  By Monday night I was whooping it up pretty bad.  Fortunately I have a supply of Fisherman's Friend cough lozenges, so I can  control it somewhat.  I wore a mask when I took the boys to school and hope they do not catch anything.  A friend suggested a Covid test and I have at least a dozen test kits, so I did the test (such tiny printing!} and it was negative  I really don't have any symptoms other than the cough. 

I am just resting and drinking fluids and sucking on Fisherman's Friend.  Hope it goes away quickly.  Fortunately I don't have anything on my calendar this week except taking KoKo for grooming on Thursday.  He is pretty shaggy.  Maybe I can do some sewing, doesn't take a lot of energy!  Or, as always, read. 

#   #   #

2 comments:

abelian said...

It would be a good idea to do another Covid test 5 days after your symptoms started. My daughter is a doctor, and she says it sometimes takes that long before the test reads positive. I sure hope it’s just some other virus; feel better soon! That was thoughtless of your friend to come to dinner with that cough. Dottie

Mary Ann said...

Hope it passes quickly. Have you read any of Marie Bostwicks novels. She usually has a theme involving quilts running through them. Just finished Esme Cahill Fails spectacularly. I recommend it. a light but good read.