Friday, June 30, 2023

Somewhat improving! 06-30-23

This evening we took our walk and did the complete loop (a little less than a mile) for the first time since Sunday.  I just haven't had the strength and it is hard to have leash, cane, and hold a tissue to my nose!  I did use a  "croup tent" twice today because I was so drippy and sneezed in  multiples.  It does help, but I should have started sooner.  Talked at a distance with  several  neighbors and discovered that what I have is something that is "going around".  I suppose I should have seen the doctor, but I do dislike taking antibiotics  if  I can possible avoid them.   I will just keep doing my old-time treatment and see if I can be well by next Wednesday. 

I did manage to take KoKo to the groomer yesterday -  isn't he handsome? For this picture I lifted him up on a neighbor's wall right in front  of the volunteer cherry tomato plant.  The neighbor  has been caring for the plant, but went off for a ten day vacation, so every other day I took a bottle of outside water and gave it a drink.  I intend to enjoy a some cherry tomatoes in a few weeks!  The tomato plants volunteer from the mulch a lot of people use.  It contains sewage sludge (treated, of course), but the cherry tomato seeds seem to come through unscathed and usually  give  a great crop of sweet,  tiny tomatoes.  I had them in the 60s in Huntington Beach and in this backyard when I took care of it.  

#   #   #


1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

My neighbors usually have a bumper crop of volunteer cherry tomatoes. So many they are falling off the vines. I usually pick them by the pocketful and what I don't eat in sales I wash and pop them in a freezer bag. I use them in chip in the winter. The smell reminds me of summer. I saved seeds from them and planted them last year but got absolutely nothing but spindly sprouts, they must be some kind of hybrid if they do not propagate.