Saturday, November 11, 2023

Miscellaneous 11-11-23

I think I may have  to start posting  stories from my past.  I just don't seem to accomplish much  these days.  Lots of naps, two walks a day with KoKo,  keeping  up with bills, and keeping up with Facebook, SAQA, Surfside QGuild, etc.  Since I have a few days without outside obligations I went to CVS  this morning for a flu shot.  My arm has started to  swell  and itch - as it usually does with any vaccine - so I have been putting an ice  pack on part of the  time.  Interested to see how it  will be in the morning.    After  another  week  I'll  have another  few  days free  and  I  will go for the "biggy", a Covid booster.   In the past they  have put me  off my feet for a few days.  Maybe this  one won't  be  so bad.  

A few days/weeks? ago I posted a picture of the local bird bath and said I would try  for a better image.   Didn't see many birds this morning, but we walked earlier and the shadows were  better.  All the  darker spots are holes  the birds made  with their feet  and wings  as  they  bathed in the dry, sandy soil.

I  have managed some sewing.  Mostly mending, but  here are six recorder covers for music students at a south county school.   They needed   over  200!   A small group of SQG members got together to  cut out the two  layers (cotton  outside  and  flannel inside). They made up kits with instructions and Velcro  for members to take  home  and  sew together. I thought it would be an easy project, but I have  lost  some  of my sewing skills and it took me a long time.


They are 16" long X 3"wide and hopefully sturdy enough to last a few years.


Autumn is sort of here in  SCalifornia.  We have  mild  daytime temps and a few nights down in the  high 40s.    Not low enough for a rush  of  fall color, but there is some color. This Nandina (known also  as Heavenly Bamboo) grows along the drive-thru line at Starbuck's.  KoKo is not smelling it, just sticking his head out the window.

#  #  #



2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Del Daisy had her first car ride, well, except for the ride home in my arms. I took her to the vet, who is in love with her. I put her in the back seat so she would not "bother" me. All was uneventful till we went around a corner on the way home and she ended up on the floor. She wasn't sure how to get back on the seat so she endured the rest of the ride home. I guess I will have to take her to McD's for a cheeseburger so she enjoys her rides. Driving Miss Daisy!

Loretta said...

I love this beginning story of Miss Daisy!