Monday, September 3, 2007

In San Juan Bautista, CA.


Monterey Bay w/lingering fog haze - Aquarium at far right in background.


When new buildings or renovations will block someone's view these poles with construction fence strips are placed to show the height and/or width limit. Rather festive, eh?

The Empty Spools classes are over and I am staying at Mary's for a few days. We hated to leave the lovely cool days and nights behind and return to the inland heat. The morning fog sometimes lingers until noon so the heat never has a chance to build up. Whereas here, in the hills of San Juan Bautista, the sun blazes up in the morning and really heats things up. Thankfully the nights are about 60degrees, so the house (and its occupants) have a chance to cool off. We are going to visit the Monterey Aquarium tomorrow, I haven't been for four or five years, so I am looking forward to seeing the special otter exhibit.

I keep checking the Placentia weather and I'm not sure I want to go back! At 10pm their temperature was 90 degrees! I'll bet my houseplants are burned to a crisp! As would I be if I were there.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: