Friday, September 7, 2007

Sewing again

I have several deadlines coming up. The first is Sep 22 when my two quilts that appear in the book "Creative Quilting: The Journal Quilt Project" are due in Houston. All of the quilts in the book, or as many as are available, will be a special exhibit at Quilt Festival 2007. I just need to package them and send them on their way. Sep 28 is the deadline for the quilts for the final Journal Quilt Project which are also to be at the Houston Festival. They are to be 17" x 22", or the size of four of the previous quilts. I'm struggling with this one - too many ideas! Meanwhile I am finishing up the quilt for the Beach Cities QGuild monthly mini for which tickets will be available for the meeting next Thursday at the BCQC meeting. When I have finished the binding I will post a picture. Meanwhile, here are the two Journal Quilts.

"Remembering Constance" 8-1/2" X 11" My late friend Constance Howard walking in the Yosemite woods.

"Passing Mars" 8-1/2" x 11" Commemorating the close passing of Mars in August 2003

It feels great to be back to work in my 'studio' - that is really my dining/living rooms!

No comments: