Sunday, September 16, 2007

Autumn 09-15-07

That autumn smell is in the air! We will still have hot weather - has been up to 100F in October - but some trees are showing their fall colors (mostly beige!), especially the California Sycamores. I'd like to drive up Hwy 395 along the Eastern side of the Sierra sometime soon. My late husband Floyd and I would go up for a final fishing trip sometime in October and it was usually glorious with the aspen in their shimmering yellow/gold. But the fishing wasn't great.

Corky is with me again, just for the weekend, so I didn't get any sewing done today. One thing he does for me is get me out of the house for a walk, usually about half an hour, but today we did about 45 minutes. I can't seem to keep a walking schedule if there is nobody to force me to do it! I do like seeing what is new in the neighborhood. There are several houses that have been for sale for over a year, not a good time to be trying to sell or to be looking for a mortgage. Here is a cute little house that is unoccupied, but not for sale!


No comments: