Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Moss & Lichen 10-10-07



















My friends Mary and Joe live in the hills above San Juan Bautista, CA, surrounded by oak and madrone trees. Coming here in autumn brings back memories of my childhood years outside of Portland, OR. And although I haven't lived there for over fifty years, deserting those moist climes for the hard dryness of SCalifornia, I still miss the moss and lichens. The bright green moss on the oak trees, along with a scattering of pale green lichen is very beautiful and sort of reassuring to me. In years past I have done a number of stitcheries on this theme and one day, I imagine, I will find a way to present it in a quilt.















Tomorrow we will go to PIQF in Santa Clara. It is a large quilt show exhibiting quilts from all over the world and Mary and I get a creative charge every year. I'll try to give you a report in the evening - if I haven't fallen exhausted into bed!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: