Friday, November 30, 2007

"Raindrops on Roses.... " 11-30-07

Yes, Raindrops on Roses are indeed one of my favorite things. Especially today after going so long without rain - it finally came early this morning and rained gently all day. Beautiful! Of course, I had to go out and take some pictures to prove it, especially if we have to wait months and months for the next rain. I suppose 'no rain' is what the poor people in the burn areas are wishing for. It must take a lot of courage to leave your house because it is threatened by fire and then, only a month later, have to leave it again because it is threatened by mudslides. I couldn't do it, no matter how great the view is up on those hillsides.




I'll stay down here in the flat lands and enjoy the roses!




This last picture is of a raindrop on my jade plant. When I was editing the pictures I realized that there was a image in the raindrop, so I cropped about 7/8ths of the picture away and could see that there is a unside down reflection of the redwoods and deador trees in the park behind my house. I've seen pictures like this, but didn't realize my camera and Picasa2 could create one. Cool!


It was a good day to finish up the turkey soup and package it for the freezer and do a little sewing. I am soooo slow!

2 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

"Cool" is right. Wow!
What kind of camera do you have?

Del said...

I use a Nikon Coolpix 4200.
It takes fairly good pictures, but I have wished I had purchased the Canon that was about the same price. I've been looking at pictures online and I think those taken with a Canon are more "crisp" - that is the only word I can think of.