Friday, December 14, 2007

Alliance Auction Quilts 12-13-07

"Cat House" Mary Lou Weidman 2006 14.5" x 20.5"
This quilt is machine pieced, appliqued and quilted. It is embellished with buttons, rickrack and fancy trim. The back is a solid blue fabric. It is very typical of Mary Lou's work.
"Under One Roof" Yvonne Porcella 2006 15" x 19.5"
Machine pieced, hand appliqued, hand quilted.
This is very different than any Yvonne quilt I have seen previously and unlike any other quilt in my collections. However, I find it very appealing - soft and peaceful. If you are familiar with Yvonne's work you know that she likes bright colors, so I am showing you the back of the quilt....

...where she has indulged her taste for bright fabrics. Cute, eh?
I am very pleased that my bids on these quilts were successful, everything else I bid on was out of my budget range long before the bidding was over.
The Alliance made $10,429.91 on the auction of the quilts. The highest price was the $1525.00 for Pam Allen's "Icon - Domestic Goddess". My "Tree House" sold for $710.00.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jpsam said...

Wow! Thanks for the update on the auction. What a wonderful fundraiser. Congrats on the wonderful result for your quilt. I love that piece.

It's great to see your new acquisitions for the TCQC.
joan