Sunday, January 6, 2008

There is a bird..... 01-05-08

Years ago I started putting a bird somewhere on every quilt that I make. They are mostly all different - fused on, drawn with fabric markers, quilted in, hand embroidered and part of the fabric print. Here are few examples.
"Calm in Chaos" fused on the front of the quilt.

"Marsh Dawn" (fiber art postcard) inked with fabric marker.

"Woad" part of the quilting stitches.
Sometimes people want to know where the bird is on a particular quilt and I have to search hard to find it. Unless it is part of the design or printed on the fabric I put each little bird wherever it will fit with the intention that it will not be obvious.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

What a fun idea. Such special touch.

jpsam said...

I love this! An intimate view. A personal symbol/mark. When I was hand quilting I would often quilt in special things. Had a lot of time to think, I guess.

Thanks for the encouragement on my blog!
joan