Thursday, January 10, 2008

Living Green 01-10-08

I have a mailing list of people to whom I send "E-lint". This is my label for the stuff that goes around on the Internet, stuff that one can either ignore or deal with - like dust bunnies and pocket lint. I don't send everything that comes my way, but things I think are funny or interesting or helpful in some way. And I don't usually get much feedback from the "E-linters", so I was surprised to have about a dozen replies after I sent this URL out this morning. None of the people who responded have ever had a clerk refuse their bags. One friend in San Francisco reminded me that markets can't use plastic bags in her city. If anyone has refused to use your bags you might post a comment on Green Daily.

I have two bags that I ask the clerks to use for my groceries (or any other type of store that I patronize). This one I made from a Nancy Ota pattern www.nancyota.com. One thing I like about it is that will stand up on its own. It is very spacious, but sometimes I need an additional bag.

Nancy Mastroianni, a member of the Book Group, made all the 'Bookies' a tote for Xmas, with fabric keyed to the interest of each individual. Mine, of course, is a dog print - pretty cute.
If I don't think these two will be enough I also take in a couple of used paper shopping bags.
I didn't post yesterday because AOL wouldn't let me online!

No comments: