Thursday, March 27, 2008

More pelicans 03-27-08

I know, this is a dreadful picture, but it is as close as I could get without swimming out into one of the Anaheim Lakes!
I stopped for coffee at the Starbuck's that backs up on the Anaheim Lakes and saw there were still white pelicans swimming around in the lake. I thought they would have all flown off to wherever they spend their summers - don't they know it is the end of March? Maybe they don't have a great distance to go. I could see twelve, but they weren't fishing. I'd love to see a ring of them closing in on a school of fish and all sticking their heads down in the water.
I have my new reading glasses. Oh, my goodness - what an improvement! But he is going to have to redo my all day/every day pair, the twelve inch focal length just isn't going to work.
I might not be blogging every day while I am at the Empty Spools Conference. The only place on the Asilomar campus with a connection is the Administration Bldg and if my sleeping room is very far away... Well, I will try my best. I know you will enjoy pictures of the reception on Sunday and possibly of some of the projects being done in Ruth's class. Stay tuned!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: