Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Additions for my fabric library 04-07-08

Someday there will be a group for fabric lovers - like Alcoholics Anonymous - and I will be a charter member. I will stand in front of the group and state, "Hi, my name is Del and I am addicted to fabric." Although I laugh when I say I have a fabric "room", I am quite serious. I'm sure if all that I own were in one room it would fill it to the ceiling. And still, I bought more fabric at Back Porch Fabric Shop while I was in Pacific Grove last week.


How could I resist these great prints, even though I haven't made a child's quilt for ages. I'm always a sucker for birds.



This black/white/red 'architectural' print is so charming - it could almost be a whole cloth quilt.



When I saw the fourth print from the right I thought it was slices of tree branches, but it is actually buttons. How could I resist?



The third and fourth fabrics from the left are destined to be vegetables, but I didn't need to buy a half a yard - an eighth would have been enough. I seem to think in 1/3, 1/2 and 1 yard cuts.

This is a rather subdued selection, I usually have two or three wild prints which invariably end up as backs on very subdued quilts. Sort of my Jekyll and Hyde fabric personality being revealed.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Patty ♣ said...

Del, I especially like the fabrics with the Food and Birds!...I know, fabric can be just like a fine pastry, you shouldn't, but you have to have it anyway!

Christine Thresh said...

I'll take the food, the birds and the city. Love them all.