Thursday, April 10, 2008

Harris Ranch on I-5 @ CA198

This is one of the entrances to the restaurants, banquet rooms and offices at Harris Ranch, one of my regular stops on I-5 a little more than halfway on my drive from Placentia to San Juan Bautista. There are many fountains like this scattered throughout the grounds and the courtyards in the 'inn' part of the complex, lending the tinkle of water to the oasis feeling.

The flowers beds are full of brilliant flowers and there are lots of soothing white and green to help travelers feel cooler. It will become scorching hot soon and stay that way through the summer months.

This trip I just parked in a lot, used the lovely tiled ladies room and walked the circumference of the compound because I was getting stiff and needed to get some exercise. Doing this adds about an hour to my drive, but I feel a lot better when I arrive and can unglue my seat from the seat! I was surprised to see beds of Mexican Evening Primrose which can become terribly invasive in a garden. It has, however, handsome flowers.

It is a little early for the Hollyhocks to be blooming, but the leaves are lush and green. I might see some blossoms next week when I drive home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: