Tuesday, April 8, 2008

From the Post Office 04-08-08

I had a package to mail today and, of course, I had to wait until my number was called. I didn't have a book with me (horrors!), so I was just looking at the stuff sitting around on the counters. Remember when the Post Office was just a post office and not a mercantile opportunity? Among all the stuff I saw a cardboard dispenser (with the PO insignia) containing these plastic mailing bags.
I don't know how new this program is, but I had not heard of it previously. I picked up a couple mailers, just in case I come up with something that I need to dispose of - although the hazardous waste disposal station is only a couple miles from my house. The permit holder for the prepaid postage on these is Small Electronics Return Center in Calexico, CA, it is down by the Mexican border.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

There was something about the Post Office collecting old cell phones and something else today. They are going to fix them up and recycle them...There was a drop off named, it wasn't close to me so I have forgotten the location.