Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Asilomar 03-31-08

I drove Sunset Blvd along the beach when I returned to Back Porch Fabric Shop. Since I didn't even have a chance to look at fabric on Sunday, I had to go first thing on Monday! And, of course, I will have to go again this week because there are new bolts of fabric coming in every single day!! And such wonderful choices!
That is a pointy black rock out in the water - not a giant shark!
I waited until this couple walked into the frame to give a sense of scale. Beautiful day!

Just a roof and some trees under an awesome blue sky with horsetails and a jet contrail. Every year there are fewer tall, old trees - a borer accidently imported from some other country is killing the tall, old trees. It is very sad to see.


Beyond the live oak tree is the classroom where Ruth McDowell is teaching this session. Named "Nautilus", it is my favorite classroom on the campus. My sleeping room is just next door, but it is a hike to get to the dining hall and Merrill Hall where the programs are held in the evening.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Corky said...

Oh, Dell, I do so miss my time at Asilomar and Pacific Grove. I'm glad you posted photos so I could have my fix from here in Charleston. Enjoy your stay.