Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ruth McDowell's class (#2)04-03-08


Ruth McDowell's class at Asilomar Day 4- 1/2

Once the students have started cutting fabrics for their designs the work seems to go very fast. Working until 11pm is allowed and some students work every night. I am not a night person this week.

This is Lia Batris' Pelican - it looks a lot different than the pictures I posted of it last evening. She still has her auditioned fabrics pinned to the board in their proposed locations.

Carolyn Tickner has posted her photo of a rooster at the bottom of her board. This handsome fellow is going have a very colorful background.

Traci Lee is adding more pieces to the face of her Australian Shepherd. I wonder if she misses him as much as I miss the Poodle Prince?

This is my yellow bell pepper from Ruth's "Pieced Vegetables" book. The two sides are pieced together and I have ironed the freezer paper template to the back of the fabric for the final piece. I will cut it out and sew it to the others and the block will be complete.

Tomorrow is the last half day of class and we will be headed home by 2pm. I need to get to bed soon so I will be all perky and ready to drive!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: