Thursday, May 22, 2008

Brugmansia 05-22-08

Today was an amazing weather day in SCalifornia, especially in Orange County where I live. Rain, hail, T&L, even a couple tornadoes out in Riverside County at March Air Reserve Station (I think that is the current name). And because the rain was so heavy I decided to drive a different way home from a lunch date, avoiding the freeway traffic which is always terrible in the rain - nobody wants to slow down.


This yellow Brugmansia, or Angel Trumpet Vine, hangs over a block wall between a busy four-lane road and a corner house. I drove around the block and parked on the residential street, walking around the corner to take the pictures. I expected the flowers to be fragrant, but they weren't - some Brugmansias have a wonderful scent.

This picture is looking straight up into the throat of the flowers.

And this picture shows three unopened flowers - the straight green "bean" looking things in the upper left corner- and just below them a pod which develops after the flowers fall. I like the yellow and white vines, but I wish I could find a pink one somewhere around town.

I have posted about Brugmansia previously -
http://delquilts.blogspot.com/2007/10/piqf-thursday-10-11-07.html

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Patty ♣ said...

I LOVE this plant! There is another white, rather large flower that is blooming now. The two plants remind me of Mexico...
Nice pictures!