Sunday, May 18, 2008

Color Bowls & Skinny Strips 05-17-08

A few weeks ago I was working to combine color bowls and skinny strips, but neither design worked. The first one at
http://delquilts.blogspot.com/2008/04/oh-no-more-skinny-strips-04-29-08.html
looked like a sort of Indian motif with an image of a person.
Then I tried
http://delquilts.blogspot.com/2008/05/skinny-strips-new-view-04-30-08.html
But it was so static and derivative I couldn't continue with it.

Now I am trying another arrangement and I'm not sure it will work either. Above is the overall shot which looks like a blue fried egg or maybe a monster's eyeball!

I put the free cut net behind the bowl to make more variation in the background. But going around the edge with blue thread just doesn't work. I have picked that thread out and think I will try invisible thread. Or I might cut away the net to make it conform to the shape of the bowl.
I like doing this sort of experimentation, but it takes a lot of brain power and it is really too hot for that, even with the A/C running. Still hot tomorrow (Sunday), but cooler temps predicted starting Monday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: