Thursday, May 15, 2008

Charlotte Bird 05-14-08

One of the important parts of my life is the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection. I didn't realize in the late 1980s that I was starting a collection, but it has been said, "Two is a pair, three is a collection." After buying the first quilt it wasn't long before I had two and then three and now about ninety.
I collect what "speaks" to me, what I can afford, what I have space to store and each quilt is one that I want to look at for the rest of my life. I will occasionally share one on this blog.
Here is Charlotte Bird with her award winning quilt at Visions-2004. It is "Porous Square" (2003) 38" x 37"
It is one of a series she has done with these little 'stones' or 'pebbles' - all of them are quite fascinating.
Many of the Visions quilts are for sale, you just need to ask at the desk for a price list.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: