Saturday, May 17, 2008

Summer days 05-16-08

Most of the west coast is experiencing a heat wave. Over a hundred in my backyard yesterday and well into the 90s from Portland south to the Mexican border. I didn't look at temperatures in Mexico. Oddly enough it was hotter here than in Lake Havasu City - nearby Needles is frequently one of the hottest spots in the country. I hope this doesn't preview a terribly hot summer. Wild fires already!
Corky stayed with me for six nights and days while his daddy was in the hospital for surgery. I can't blame the little guy, but I never seem to accomplish much while he is here. I did a little sewing, but I don't do that well when I am interrupted by Corky's needs! His daddy is home now and doing well, so I took Corky home on Thursday afternoon. I am always amazed at how quickly I learn to listen for him, night and day! I have been waking up a couple times each night with the thought, "Where is Corky?", and during the day my mind is distracted because I think I hear him in the house somewhere. One of these days when I am not traveling so much I would like to have a little guy of my own. At the price of gas that day may come sooner than I expected.
More sewing today. Perhaps I will have something to post before I go to bed tonight.

No comments: