Monday, May 5, 2008

The Poodle Prince 05-05-08

Someone asked what my association is with Corky and I can't find where I have ever explained it. When he was a tiny puppy his parents, who run a business out of their home, were overwhelmed by the demands of the little guy and were looking for someone to stay with him when they were gone. Through quilting I know Corky's grandmother, Annabelle, and she knew that I would be interested. He "auditioned" me and we seemed to get along. He did need to learn some manners and how to behave, but it has worked out very well. That was a little over eleven years ago and he will be twelve in July. He stays with me, or I stay with him, several times each month, it varies from month to month. If I didn't travel so much I would probably have a poodle of my own, but I would have the same problem his parents have because I wouldn't want to put him in a kennel while I am gone. I am allergic to most dogs, but I love a well-behaved poodle, they are so smart and so curious about everything.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jpsam said...

That explains it! I'm so glad you posted this story. Corky and his parents are so lucky.
joan

Patty ♣ said...

Del! That picture is exquisite! Worthy of the wall! A QUILT!...
He is precious! I can tell he loves you.