Thursday, August 28, 2008

A lazy day at Mary's 08-28-08

When I am here I stay in the little girl's room, which I really enjoy, mostly because it is the only bedroom w/o carpet. Carpet collects dust and the dust makes my allergies flare up. It is great to be here in this clean air, but dust inside or outside makes me miserable. Anyway, this is the view I have when I wake up in the morning. I love the trees. Notice the brand new deck made of a composite material (not Trex) and it looks and feels great.

In the summer Mary always has blooming deck boxes on the railing. This year there are zinnias, sweet alyssum and petunias - a nice mix and the 'lysum smells lovely.

The hillside drops off just beyond the doggie fence, which is to prevent Sassy from running around without supervision. She loves to do that, but there are wildcats, coyotes, wild pigs and other creatures that could do Sassy serious harm. Below in the distance is a house with paddocks enclosed with white board fences. I have seen horses there, but not recently. A few other other houses can be seen elsewhere through the trees.

It is a zinnia, but it looks like a tiny pineapple to me. Cute little yellow stars growing out of the top.

Pacific Grove and Monterey tomorrow. I very much want to see the Jellies exhibit before it moves on and the penguin (not the pelican} area which was closed when I was last at the Monterey Aquarium.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: