Saturday, August 30, 2008

San Juan Bautista and new fabric 03-30-08

Looking down Alameda, one of the streets in San Juan Bautista. The hills in the distance are where Mary and Joe live.

Here are the two fabrics for the philanthropic project. They look like they will be good in children's quilts. Bright anyway.
These are the pieces that will go in my fabric library. Rather weird, I know, to be 'deaccessing' fabric and buying more, but that is the way with quilt makers, eh? Left to right: Fabric with sea creature motifs, including cormorants and pelicans. A lovely bright acid green batik. A nice sort of combed algea that will work in forest or swamp. Two green prints for the pinwheels I am making for Xmas. Two autumn prints to go in the autumn box! Such treasures.
How could I resist this figgy fabric? It is so realistic it makes me drool!

2 comments:

dee said...

Glad you're having a good time. I cannot believe that figgy fabric. It looks so real I thought you were going to tell us you stopped at a stand and bought some. It's gorgeous.

meggie said...

Oh the figs!
I treated myself to some fresh ones. They are very expensive but so worth it!