Thursday, August 28, 2008

On-the-Road, Again. 08-27-08

I did finally get ready to leave, but not this morning! It was strange to have so many people dropping by and calling - two different neighbors knocked on my door, Liz came with a latte (bless her) and a baby quilt she is working on (actually two - for twins), the window salesman called to see if I was happy with the windows, and two other people called and I already can't remember who they were! I got on the freeway at 2:22pm and arrive here at Mary's in San Juan Bautista about 8:15pm. Pretty good timing considering a potty stop and a gas stop. Traffic was light, but one thing I notice lately is that the people who want to go REALLY fast are living it up, they can do 90+ because there isn't that much traffic to slow them down. After five months stuck in the LA Basin, getting out on the open road was great. I love it. :>)))

I usually stop at the rest stop just north of Gorman and always find it well kept and clean. It gets a lot of use, so the crews must work extra hard to make it a pleasant stop. There are many trees and a view to the north of a little lake near Fort Tejon. I don't know how long this pergola has been here, but the wisteria is well embedded. I've never seen it in bloom.

Three of the posts are clasped in many twining stems.

I wonder how this trucker felt to find his trailer scribbled. A few years back there were many trucks literally covered with graffiti, maybe the vandals are busy with walls and road signs now.

When you are traveling through the Central Valley and start seeing white 'petals' hopping and bumping and floating on the highway, somewhere not far ahead is a truck with a load of garlic. The garlic skins are lighter than snowflakes so they are more fairy like, I think.

Blogger only allowed four photos, so I will make another post for just one more picture.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

Are you on your way to Asilomar? so many visual memeories of this drive through the central valley.