Thursday, September 11, 2008

Palms at Los Alamitos Bay 09-10-08

I took Corky home to his parents late yesterday afternoon - he was so excited to see them and they were only gone for two nights! And, of course, I really miss him after he was only here for three nights. On my way home I stopped at Whole Foods which is in a small shopping center between Pacific Coast Highway and one of the Los Alamitos Bay parking lots. These palms grow along the edge of the parking lot and they looked so great against the pink/blue sky. I so seldom go to the beach anymore that I forget it isn't just sand and water, but lots of other things that make it so restful. Like palm trees.
I went to Whole Foods looking for goat's milk because while I was up north I heard that lactose intolerant people can drink it without ill effects. I did buy a quart and it doesn't taste much different from cow's milk, however the quart cost $3.69. So, I will stick to cow's milk that has been processed to remove (?) the lactose. Lactaid brand is available almost everywhere, but I'm trying a new brand discovered up north - Organic Valley brand has a lactose free milk that doesn't have the sweet taste of Lactaid. I'm so glad that this product exists, I'm not sure I could live without milk!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

meggie said...

Lovely photo of the palms in that soft light.
I live without milk, don't even miss it.