Sunday, September 7, 2008

A quiet Sunday 09-07-08

I suppose this was a rest-up-from-a-trip-Sunday, I sure didn't get much done. However, I did put away the suitcase and finish up one more load of laundry. Every now and then I will sit at my Pfaff and sew a few more quilting lines on a very small quilt. I think if I just keep doing that I will get hooked into finishing it. I went out on the patio this morning and found a surprise flower.

A few days before I left on my trip Liz gave me this bromeliad plant in its pot. I put it on the patio where it would get lots of light, but only limited direct sun. And I watered it the day I left.

Now I have this wonderful unexpected blossom - I didn't even see a bud before going. But it must have been there - right? Such an exotic and colorful flower, it almost calls for a quilt.

I picked up Corky, the Poodle Prince, yesterday because his parents are traveling. He had his teeth cleaned Thursday and wasn't very active Friday and Saturday, but seems to be more himself today. He has to be sedated for the procedure and I know from experience that the older one gets the longer it takes to rid the body of those chemicals. I expect that tomorrow, Monday, he will truly be his usual self. The vet says he must lose a half a pound, which is a lot when he weighs only 12 pounds, so we are cutting down his 'kibble' by a few teaspoons every morning and limiting his treats. At twelve he is still quite healthy and we would like to keep him that way.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: