Friday, October 10, 2008

Hummers 10-09-08

These pictures of hummingbirds feeding from a lady's hand have been going around online for at least a couple years. They came to me just about two years ago - Oct 2006. I believe they are all Anna's Hummingbirds. [They are not - Anna's are found only in the Western states - these pictures were taken in Louisiana.]
I find these pictures not only amazing but very calming. And these days that is something I need and maybe you do too.




If you know who the lady is or where the pictures were taken I hope you will let me know. [Karen Stiehl Osborn sent me the URL for this lady's website. Check it out at http://www.abigailsings.com/hummingbirds/ ]
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

http://www.abigailsings.com/hummingbirds/

Del,
That is the website of the lady in the photos and tells about her experience with the hummers.

dee said...

wow Del! Between yesterday and today I'm getting nothing done at all. The photography from your last post had me enthralled. Roger asked me how my day was yesterday assuming that I would have accomplished something.....nah. Now the hummingbirds...Oh My. You always have the BEST blog EVER! Thanks-the dust will be here when I'm ready right?

Del said...

Thanks, Karen, I have added the URL to yesterday's post. Del

Corky said...

Very cool photos. I love watching the hummingbirds and especially like it when one checks us out while we're checking it out.

Del said...

Sometimes when I wear a red hat and am seated outside, a hummer will come check out my hat. And once long ago when we were working the garage with the door open we heard the buzzzz and looked up to see a hummer checking out the red knob at the end of the emergency rope for the garage door. They are curious little critters, but one must be very still.