Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Weird Views 10-07-08

I went to LBeach to stay with Corky for a few hours this evening. There was a gorgeous sunset, but I arrived too late for my camera to be effective.

These are the trees and houses across Marine Stadium from Corky's backyard.

Hmmmm, I thought another of the pictures looked more interesting so I manipulated it in Picasa - something I have not played with before - I generally just use Picasa to make my pictures look more real. Here I was working to make them less real. I'm not sure what this image looks like, maybe a prairie fire?

I took some more pictures deliberately moving the camera with a very slow speed. The resulting pictures reminded me of "camera tossing" which I read about several years ago. I Googled the two words and found quite a few sites. Here is just one http://www.cameratoss.blogspot.com/ I can see using this type of image for printing fabric to use in quilt making.

Posted by Picasa


1 comment:

lindainbelgium said...

Hi Del: yes, those photos do look remarkably like one of those CA fires!

I love that camera-tossed look--if you look closely at several of my pieces, you'll see examples -- while it's not always easy to pick out, you can see it most clearly on my website's small works page in Gentle Reminder and Depth of Shade among others. Also in several of the big pieces.

It isn't however anywhere in Ewe Alone or Grand Tour.

I discovered it by accident during a somewhat boring, bumpy ride in Croatia: I took out my camera in one of the long tunnels we drove thru--I got some of my best camera tosses in that tunnel and about a year later while night shooting from a balcony in Bavaria.

I have to explore override settings on my new Canon camera--the old Pentax did better (the Canon has image stabilization which is super, but not for camera tossing).

I know that another big fan of camera tossing is Charlotte Yde.

Linda in Belgium