Sunday, November 23, 2008

Any Port in a Storm 11-22-08

I'm really going to have to do something about my computer. Last evening it hung up again, just as I was going to post for Saturday. If I don't post for a couple days don't worry, I'll get back to you.
I dumped last evening's blog, I'll get back to it one day, and give you this odd picture. Since I am known as an animal lover, people all over send me pictures of animals - cute, serious, cartoons, whatever. Sometimes I cannot figure out the circumstances - this one is an example. I keep coming across it in my photo files and set off on a mental journey thinking of what circumstances could place these guys/gals in this situation. Maybe......?
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

jpsam said...

First thing that came to mind: These Lovelies? Barbara Streisand as Fanny Brice singing The Swan: Flamingo Leg Ballet. A freak storm? Great pic!
joan

wlstarn said...

What's a nice bird like you doing in a place like this??

Safe place during a hurricane? I'm sure our local zoo did similar things for Gustav. Safer than the wooden shelters in the enclosure as MANY trees came down.

Monty Wilson said...

I know that at the Omaha zoo they put a lot of the animals indoors for the winter. That could be the case in this picture. It's a pretty interesting image, though.

meggie said...

How curious! My first thought was a hurricane or flood...