Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Deserted in the Desert 11-25-08

I drove out to Lake Havasu City, AZ, where Corky's parents have a wonderful second home with great views of the lake. Easy drive out I-15 to I-40 to just over the Arizona border where I turned south on US95 to arrive about 4-1/2 hours later. So, of course, I have been up and down all night. But I have gotten good sleep when I was asleep and I intend to try for another hour or so. Once when I got up I heard this "..tapping, tapping at my chamber door." (do you remember Poe's "The Raven'?). Actually, it wasn't my chamber door but all the skylights in the house. When I first heard rain out here I thought it sounded like corn popping. Same sound this time. So, it has been sprinkling off and on most of the night. Not very much, I don't think, but right now it is coming down like gangbusters.
My computer has refused to 'fire up', so there will probably not be any pictures until I get home and do something about it. Meanwhile I will use this 'resident' computer in the extra bedroom/office to do whatever I can. I didn't bring a card reader because with my laptop I just insert the card in the side of the laptop and I can't do that now.
Arizona is plus one hour from California time because they don't observe the changes of daylight savings time (one of three states who don't). So, it is 6:45am here - even with complete cloud cover I can see a faint lightening of the sky in the east. Corky is usually up by 6am and his parents said they would leave whenever he was up and ready to go. So, they might be leaving in an hour or so and arrive sometime shortly after noon.

2 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

I'm going to try using the computer at my son's home tomorrow. I've never tried blogging away from home. I hope it works.

meggie said...

I had problems with blogging when I was in New Zealand, though I could post. I just couldnt seem to get emails to work!
We are momentarily expecting thunderstorms- again!